Emirates calls ad review
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 December 2008 06:50AM
LONDON - Emirates has called a review of its global advertising arrangements, as it looks to appoint an agency ahead of its sponsorship of the 2010 Fifa World Cup.
The airline initially invited a number of advertising agencies to compete in a first round of pitches, including BBDO, which handles its advertising in Dubai, Saatchi & Saatchi London, which has an existing relationship with Emirates through its Frankfurt office, and Fallon.
Leagas Delaney, the in-cumbent on the £5 million UK advertising account, did not pitch for the business.
However, following the first round of pitches, the airline opened up the contest to digital agencies, inviting five to join the pitch for the business. A result is expected in the next few days.
The successful agency will take on responsibility for creating a unified global communications strategy that will seek to promote Emirates' sponsorship of the World Cup.
The move marks an effort by the airline to reduce the number of communications messages it sends from its different global markets.
Emirates was the first airline to sponsor the Fifa World Cup, backing the 2006 tournament in Germany.
The airline then signed a $195 million deal to become a Fifa partner from 2007 to 2014, giving it sponsorship rights over both the 2010 and 2014 World Cups.
Emirates' most recent TV ad, promoting its A380 plane, was created by BBDO Dubai.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London