Rapp scoops direct business for Malibu
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 December 2008 06:55AM
LONDON - Pernod Ricard has appointed Rapp to handle the UK direct marketing account for its Malibu brand.
The agency won the business after a two-way shoot-out against an undisclosed agency, in a process handled by Agency Assessments.
Rapp will work on a campaign in support of a three-year plan by Pernod Ricard, which aims to increase the sales of Malibu by targeting 18-to 24-year-olds.
Rapp will also create work to encourage brand loyalty and prevent consumers moving on to other drinks as they get older.
Currently, Droga5 and Publicis New York handle the above-the-line work for the brand. In October 2007, Malibu appointed Vizeum as its media agency.
Earlier this year, the brand produced a "get your island on" global campaign, which moved the brand away from its traditional Caribbean setting into a more modern, urban environment.
The television ad launched in the UK in June and was supported by a website and a DM pack which contained a pair of flip-flops and a sample of the drink.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- PR Senior Account Manager, Consumer/Trade Drinks Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- PR Co-ordinator Stopgap £21000 per annum, City of London
- Technical Account Manager, top DSP Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + +20%, London
- Retail Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment Up to £35K dependent on experience, Central London