Rapp scoops direct business for Malibu
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 December 2008 06:55AM
LONDON - Pernod Ricard has appointed Rapp to handle the UK direct marketing account for its Malibu brand.
The agency won the business after a two-way shoot-out against an undisclosed agency, in a process handled by Agency Assessments.
Rapp will work on a campaign in support of a three-year plan by Pernod Ricard, which aims to increase the sales of Malibu by targeting 18-to 24-year-olds.
Rapp will also create work to encourage brand loyalty and prevent consumers moving on to other drinks as they get older.
Currently, Droga5 and Publicis New York handle the above-the-line work for the brand. In October 2007, Malibu appointed Vizeum as its media agency.
Earlier this year, the brand produced a "get your island on" global campaign, which moved the brand away from its traditional Caribbean setting into a more modern, urban environment.
The television ad launched in the UK in June and was supported by a website and a DM pack which contained a pair of flip-flops and a sample of the drink.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account