Rapp scoops direct business for Malibu
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 December 2008 06:55AM
LONDON - Pernod Ricard has appointed Rapp to handle the UK direct marketing account for its Malibu brand.
The agency won the business after a two-way shoot-out against an undisclosed agency, in a process handled by Agency Assessments.
Rapp will work on a campaign in support of a three-year plan by Pernod Ricard, which aims to increase the sales of Malibu by targeting 18-to 24-year-olds.
Rapp will also create work to encourage brand loyalty and prevent consumers moving on to other drinks as they get older.
Currently, Droga5 and Publicis New York handle the above-the-line work for the brand. In October 2007, Malibu appointed Vizeum as its media agency.
Earlier this year, the brand produced a "get your island on" global campaign, which moved the brand away from its traditional Caribbean setting into a more modern, urban environment.
The television ad launched in the UK in June and was supported by a website and a DM pack which contained a pair of flip-flops and a sample of the drink.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency