Emirates calls ad review
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 December 2008 12:00AM
BBDO, Saatchis and Fallon in the frame for airline's global advertising business.
Emirates has called a review of its global advertising arrangements, as it looks to appoint an agency ahead of its sponsorship of the 2010 Fifa World Cup.
The airline initially invited a number of advertising agencies to compete in a first round of pitches, including BBDO, which handles its advertising in Dubai, Saatchi & Saatchi London, which has an existing relationship with Emirates through its Frankfurt office, and Fallon.
Leagas Delaney, the incumbent on the £5 million UK advertising account, did not pitch for the business.
However, following the first round of pitches, the airline opened up the contest to digital agencies, inviting five to join the pitch for the business. A result is expected in the next few days.
The successful agency will take on responsibility for creating a unified global communications strategy that will seek to promote Emirates' sponsorship of the World Cup.
The move marks an effort by the airline to reduce the number of communications messages it sends from its different global markets.
Emirates was the first airline to sponsor the Fifa World Cup, backing the 2006 tournament in Germany.
The airline then signed a $195 million deal to become a Fifa partner from 2007 to 2014, giving it sponsorship rights over both the 2010 and 2014 World Cups.
Emirates' most recent TV ad, promoting its A380 plane, was created by BBDO Dubai.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Search Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Manchester
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London