The World: Boston - BBDO wins pitch for Starbucks advertising account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 December 2008 12:00AM
BBDO has been appointed by Starbucks to handle its advertising account following a pitch against undisclosed agencies. The agency picks up the business from Wieden & Kennedy, which did not repitch for the account.
Starbucks split from W&K after four years in September due to creative differences.
BBDO has already created a campaign for Starbucks in which the chain gave away a free cup of coffee to everyone who voted in the US elections.
The news of the win comes just one week after BBDO lost its Pepsi-Cola domestic account to TBWA\Chiat\Day.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%