campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 December 2008 12:00AM
As the festive period approaches, John Lewis is playing Santa and giving four London agencies an early Christmas present by putting them on the shortlist for its £20 million business.
Luckily for Lowe London, the agency is still involved. It will be joined by Adam & Eve, McCann Erickson and Wieden & Kennedy.
The Muller pitch, which is shrouded in secrecy, appears to be gaining momentum, with rumours rife that Saatchi & Saatchi is now out of the race, leaving just TBWA\London, The Red Brick Road and VCCP left in the frame. However, insiders say that the Charlotte Street outfit is still hanging on by the skin of its teeth - but for how long is anyone's guess.
Following weeks of pitching, the Santander media review is now down to just two agencies. Starcom has been knocked out, leaving the incumbent, Carat, and Universal McCann to battle it out for the £32 million account.
And finally ... the Insurance Australia Group (owner of Hastings Direct) direct marketing and media pitches, which were put on hold while the company reshuffled its marketing department, have now been restarted following the appointment of a new marketing director, Mathew Shepherd.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014