John Lewis releases Beatles cover from Christmas ad
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 09 December 2008 10:00AM
LONDON - John Lewis has launched 20,000 free downloads of a cover of The Beatles 1963 hit single "From Me to You" featured in its Christmas ad.
View the John Lewis spot and other 2008 Christmas ads
The song is an extended version of the track, written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, and recorded by John Lewis employees.
The track is downloadable from the John Lewis website.
The retailer is encouraging those who download the song to make a donation to its registered 2008 charity, the Wallace and Gromit’s Children’s Foundation.
According to Craig Inglis, John Lewis head of brand communications, 100,000 people have rewatched the ad on YouTube since it launched last month, and customers have requested the song online and in store.
Tom Nester-Smith, Lowe London’s client services director, said: This is confirmation that Lowe’s Christmas campaign for John Lewis has struck a chord with the British public.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior ICT Marketing Manager (London) EE £Competitive+benefits , London
- Marketing Manager - Consumer Electronics Jarlett de Grouchy negotiable, West Sussex
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - HERTFORDSHIRE - £28-35K Salt £28000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits Package, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Executive - Abingdon Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum, Oxfordshire