Campaign unveils top ad agencies of 2008
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 December 2008 06:00AM
LONDON - Mother was today named Campaign's creative agency of the year for 2008.
The agency was chosen for the range of its work, which extended far beyond traditional advertising, into feature films and musicals.
It won new accounts from Stella Artois, Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Louis Vuitton's Chandon, Thornton's, Stella Artois 4%, Abbey Well and Energy Saving Trust.
MediaCom won the media agency of the year accolade after a great new business run, bagging a clutch of awards for its strategic thinking and pulling off a management restructure that is likely to ensure its continued dominance as the UK's biggest media agency.
Hovis scooped the campaign of the year for a brilliant TV ad by Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy that underlined the power of the television medium and the value of the Hovis advertising heritage.
Elvis was named the direct marketing agency of the year with wins from clients such as T-Mobile and Britvic, as well as standout work on accounts like Miller and Virgin Holidays. In the digital category AKQA took top honours, after another storming year of creative triumphs and new business wins.
Transport For London was named advertiser of the year, running a plethora of high impact campaigns that worked on London's commuters, while Rattling Stick scooped the production company of the year title for an array of stunning campaigns from its small but perfectly formed stable of directors.
BBDO's bumper crop of creative campaigns and its sound new business successes helped land the company the advertising network of the year title, whilst OMD turned in the best performance amongst the media networks.
TV channel Dave was named the best medium of the year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Marketing Assistant - 6 Month Contract - Milton Keynes Ninesharp £9.50 - £10.50 per hour, Milton Keynes
- EMEA Digital Marketing Manager Ninesharp £40000 - £45000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, Windsor
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?