BJK&E to rebrand as Maxus
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 December 2008 09:35AM
BJK&E is to be rebranded as Maxus and will serve as the UK base for WPP's global Maxus media network from 1 January next year.
The move was instigated by Kelly Clark, who was appointed the first global chief executive of the Maxus network in October.
Following the rebrand, BJK&E will continue to be led by the joint managing directors, James Jennings and Tim Irwin, and retain its current management structure.
Announcing the move, Clark said new offices in other European markets will join the Maxus network in 2009.
Clark said: "To achieve our growth plans, it’s absolutely essential for us to establish a strong beachhead in the UK. The UK is a crucially important market, and BJK&E can help us deliver our vision there."
Jennings said: "The way we’ve positioned BJK&E and the work we’ve done fits well with Group M’s plans for Maxus. We’re more than confident that a large number of clients want the kind of agency that combines a small agency culture with a large group’s trading muscle and research resources."
Irwin said: "We have a terrific opportunity – a remit to develop a new kind of 21st-century agency, a fantastic existing client base, and the full support and resources of Group M."
BJK&E was launched in 1992 as a joint venture between Tempus and Bozell. It was acquired by WPP in 2001.
BJK&E’s clients include Mercedes-Benz, Chrysler Group, Seiko and Palm.
Maxus, which first launched in Asia in May 2004, is WPP's fourth media network, alongside Mindshare, MediaCom and Mediaedge:cia.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film