PG Tips monkey gets sozzled in spoof Christmas speech
By Hadassah Nymark, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 December 2008 01:40PM
LONDON - Monkey, the star of the PG Tips ads, dons royal garb in a comic take on the Queen's Christmas speech in a new online ad created by AKQA.
The 90-second spot acts as a teaser for an upcoming TV advert by Mother, which pays tribute to the famous Morecambe and Wise breakfast sketch.
Monkey bungles numerous attempts to make a speech about the year gone by and gets increasingly drunk on the champagne with which he is making the toast.
The end of the ad shows Monkey snoring, slumped on a chair and propping up a placard.
it urges viewers to tune into ITV1 on Christmas Day between 9:05am and 9:25pm, to catch the actual TV event he failed to describe.
Comedy duo Morecambe and Wise are famous for the breakfast sketch which shows the pair preparing breakfast in time to a bawdy instrumental, called The Stripper.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London