Airmiles gets set for launch of TV ad campaign
By Hadassah Nymark, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 17 December 2008 12:15PM
LONDON - The leading UK travel reward scheme, Airmiles, is set to launch its first TV ad campaign in four years.
The campaign, created by Partners Andrews Aldridge, costs £3.5 million as the company aims to increase awareness of the free flights available to its millions of members.
Fred Prego, the head of marketing for Airmiles, said: "In this tough economic climate, now is the time to highlight and remind people of the simplicity of the Airmiles scheme and the great value travel rewards offered."
The animated campaign creative reminds consumers that every time they buy food or petrol they can collect Airmiles and use them for free flights on their next holiday.
Steve Aldridge, the executive creative director at Partners Andrews Aldridge, said: "The TV ad is a simple but highly effective execution that tells existing and new Airmiles members how to literally make their money fly."
The campaign will run from Boxing Day through to March 2009 and will air on the terrestrial commercial channels as well as satellite and digital channels.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Manager FMCG Connect Up to £34,000 plus bonus potential and benefits, West Yorkshire
- Senior Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £Competitive, North West England
- Account Manager for South-West London integrated agency Gabriele Skelton £3035 - £4035 per annum, London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity