PG Tips monkey in Morecambe and Wise ad tribute
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 December 2008 09:30PM
LONDON - Monkey and Al, the stars of the PG Tips ads, paid tribute to the famous Morecambe and Wise breakfast sketch tonight in a new TV ad created by Mother.
The ad features the two characters preparing a cup of tea in time to a bawdy instrumental called The Stripper.
Morecambe and Wise are famous for the original sketch, which shows the comedy duo preparing breakfast to the same song.
The ad, starring Johnny Vegas as Al, broke this evening (Christmas Day) on ITV1.
It opens with the text Monkey and Al present…‘It’s the Taste’ before following the characters around the house as they prepare a brew in time to the striptease music. Scenes include Monkey milking a cow in the garden and Al filling the kettle up with water.
The TV ad was preceded in December by a 90 second online ad, created by AKQA, which featured Monkey dressed up as the Queen, attempting to deliver a Christmas speech as he got increasingly drunk on champagne.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Middleweight/Senior Designer Creative Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- POS designer/Artworker Creative Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Researcher for a executive search consultancy Hanson Search Competitive Salary , London
- Senior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £40000 per annum, Swindon
- International Commercial Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?