PG Tips monkey in Morecambe and Wise ad tribute
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 December 2008 09:30PM
LONDON - Monkey and Al, the stars of the PG Tips ads, paid tribute to the famous Morecambe and Wise breakfast sketch tonight in a new TV ad created by Mother.
The ad features the two characters preparing a cup of tea in time to a bawdy instrumental called The Stripper.
Morecambe and Wise are famous for the original sketch, which shows the comedy duo preparing breakfast to the same song.
The ad, starring Johnny Vegas as Al, broke this evening (Christmas Day) on ITV1.
It opens with the text Monkey and Al present…‘It’s the Taste’ before following the characters around the house as they prepare a brew in time to the striptease music. Scenes include Monkey milking a cow in the garden and Al filling the kettle up with water.
The TV ad was preceded in December by a 90 second online ad, created by AKQA, which featured Monkey dressed up as the Queen, attempting to deliver a Christmas speech as he got increasingly drunk on champagne.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency