Rio Ferdinand stars in Nike hoody ad
By Hadassah Nymark, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 January 2009 04:10PM
LONDON - BBDO Argentina has enlisted the help of sporting stars Rio Ferdinand, Marco Materazzi and Vincent Clerc in its latest work for Nike.
The hoodyon moments work is being launched to promote the AW77 Loopwheeler, a new version of Nike’s iconic hoody.
Nike hopes to change the perception of hoodies, which it says have become synonymous with danger, thuggish youths and underground hip hop music.
With the help of sports personalities such as Rio Ferdinand, Nike hopes to show the brand in a new light and in particular, re-launch the AW77 Loopwheeler hoody as a benchmark for a more peaceful fashion sporting line.
The Loopwheeler hoody is associated with exclusivity as only eight are hand crafted a day by the Japanese production company, and the garments are only available at select boutiques and in Nike stores.
Photographers Lucila Blumencweig and Maureen Hufnagel trailed the sportsmen for days so as to capture a large variety of portraits of their routes in Manchester, Milan and Toulouse. Many of the images were shot by the celebrities themselves, uncovering usually unseen, private moments.
A photobook has also been produced, which centres on the three sporting heroes and will be available across Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Onsite Conversion Up to 12 month FTC (Maternity cover) Which? c. £45,000 - £55,000, Greater London
- Head of Corporate Communications London Borough of Hounslow £55572 - 67544 per year + Final Salary Pension, Hounslow Central
- eCRM Campaign Manager PFJ £200 - £300 per day, London
- EMEA Marcomms Manager Barclay Meade £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency