Interpublic appoints George as digital media chief
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 January 2009 11:30AM
London - Mediabrands, the Interpublic media unit, has appointed Quentin George as its chief digital officer.
George, who currently works for the IPG network Universal McCann as global lead, digital media and strategic innovation, will be responsible for developing strategic partnerships and alliances for Mediabrands in the digital space.
In addition, George, previously a senior vice-president of Avenue A/Razorfish in the US, will continue in his role leading Universal's digital activity.
Mediabrands' digital assets outside the Universal and Initiative networks include the search and social marketing specialist Reprise Media and the mobile marketing company Ansible.
Nick Brien, the chief executive of Mediabrands, said: "Quentin will constantly examine investments and partnerships in digital areas such as mobile, search and social platforms.
"He is a true entrepreneur who will bring a new level of excitement and inspire changes in behaviour and enrich the thinking across the Mediabrands organisation."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director [Telco] - Superb Agency off Oxford Street Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k with great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart