MCHI opens for business
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 January 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - CHI & Partners is launching a full-service agency called MCHI, which will offer creative and media buying under one roof.
MCHI, a joint venture with WPP's Group M, is an extension of the agency's previous media offering CHI & Partners Media.
It will bring media buying in-house, alongside CHI planners and creatives to provide full-service solutions to clients.
Headed by the managing partners Tim Allnutt and Enyi Nwosu, MCHI claims to have buying clout of £55 million, a staff of 45 and clients including The Carphone Warehouse and its Talk Talk subsidiary, Virgin Money and Tiger Beer, which were already clients of CHI and CHI & Partners Media.
Big Yellow Storage, a CHI client for two years, has also now appointed MCHI to handle its full-service business.
Media buying will be handled by a team recruited from Group M, led by Paul Thomas, a managing partner at Mindshare. Senior CHI staff will also have desks at MCHI, which is based in separate offices to CHI on London's Rathbone Street.
The agency claims to provide a new model in that it will run a fee-only structure rather than take commission on media spend. Its creative offering will cover digital, direct marketing, advertising and design.
Allnutt said: "If 20 years ago full service meant advertising and media people working together based on a commission payment structure, our model is very different.
"We can remain totally objective about the advice we give to our clients."
WPP owns a 49 per cent stake in CHI and had previously provided CHI with a media buying resource from one of its Group M offices.
The deal to create MCHI was brokered by Johnny Hornby, the chief executive of CHI, and Jed Glanvill, the chief executive of Mindshare.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Social and Digital Media - Leading Luxury Brand Digital Gurus £55000 - £65000 Per Annum plus bonuses, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers