Lawson appoints MediaCom EMEA regional team
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 January 2009 03:20PM
LONDON - Nick Lawson, the newly appointed chief executive of MediaCom EMEA, has announced the line-up for his EMEA regional team.
In addition to the former marketing director of MediaCom UK Karen Blackett’s appointment to the role of EMEA chief operations director (Campaign, 17 October 2008), Matthew Mee, previously MediaCom UK’s managing partner for strategic solutions, will become EMEA head of strategy and freshness.
Mee will work alongside the regional markets on MediaCom’s communications planning and will oversee the company’s Freshness Programme, designed to ensure a stimulating work environment for employees across the region.
Gavin Duke, previously the managing partner and head of MediaCom UK’s international division, has been named client service director for EMEA.
His focus will be on client satisfaction, development of added value services and supporting the extension of MediaCom’s existing client base within additional markets.
Oliver Gertz has been appointed managing director of Beyond Interaction EMEA, MediaCom’s digital division. He was previously managing director of Beyond Interaction for MediaCom Germany.
Peter Wade, the former group finance director for MediaCom UK, will be MediaCom EMEA’s finance director.
He will work closely with the heads of each regional market and be responsible for consistency in reporting, corporate governance and financial best practice.
Costin Mihaila will become business development director, tasked with co-ordinating MediaCom’s new business and business development across the EMEA network.
Lawson said: "I am extremely keen to concentrate on some key areas next year. Internally, we’ll be focusing on our culture and operations.
"In terms of our client offering, we’ll be placing extra emphasis on communications planning and digital and, as ever, new business will be vital. The structure of the new team reflects these priorities."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%