CrossCountry hires McCann and PHD
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 January 2009 06:55AM
LONDON - The Arriva-owned rail network CrossCountry has appointed McCann Erickson Communications House and PHD North to handle its advertising and media planning and buying accounts.
The Manchester-based McCann beat two undisclosed agencies as well as the incumbent, Cogent Elliott, to the brief. PHD retained the account after a separate pitch.
As the lead creative agency on the account, McCann will be responsible for developing integrated campaigns aimed at helping the company meet its financial and growth targets and increase brand awareness.
The ads will run nationwide to support the company's train service, whose destinations include Aberdeen, Penzance, Stansted and Cardiff.
The line was previously operated by Virgin Trains, until CrossCountry won the franchise in 2007.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films