CrossCountry hires McCann and PHD
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 January 2009 12:00AM
The Arriva-owned rail network CrossCountry has appointed McCann Erickson Communications House and PHD North to handle its advertising and media planning and buying accounts.
The Manchester-based McCann beat two undisclosed agencies as well as the incumbent, Cogent Elliott, to the brief. PHD retained the account after a separate pitch.
As the lead creative agency on the account, McCann will be responsible for developing integrated campaigns aimed at helping the company meet its financial and growth targets and increase brand awareness.
The ads will run nationwide to support the company's train service, whose destinations include Aberdeen, Penzance, Stansted and Cardiff. The line was previously operated by Virgin Trains, until CrossCountry won the franchise in 2007.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London