CrossCountry hires McCann and PHD
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 January 2009 12:00AM
The Arriva-owned rail network CrossCountry has appointed McCann Erickson Communications House and PHD North to handle its advertising and media planning and buying accounts.
The Manchester-based McCann beat two undisclosed agencies as well as the incumbent, Cogent Elliott, to the brief. PHD retained the account after a separate pitch.
As the lead creative agency on the account, McCann will be responsible for developing integrated campaigns aimed at helping the company meet its financial and growth targets and increase brand awareness.
The ads will run nationwide to support the company's train service, whose destinations include Aberdeen, Penzance, Stansted and Cardiff. The line was previously operated by Virgin Trains, until CrossCountry won the franchise in 2007.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Mobile Phone Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone and Benefits!, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - £28k - Big Budgets! Ultimate Asset £26000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Creative Thinker - Senior Planner Buyer - £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Digital Media Planner Buyer- £30k- Independent Agency Ultimate Asset £28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, London