ZenithOptimedia scoops BA's online media account from Agency.com
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 January 2009 12:00AM
British Airways has appointed ZenithOptimedia to handle its estimated £3 million online media planning and buying account.
The business was previously held by Agency.com. It repitched for the account against ZenithOptimedia, which handles BA's £18 million offline media planning and buying account, and OgilvyOne, another BA roster agency.
BA called the review in a bid to create cost savings in its media buying, believing it can achieve better rates by consolidating the business. Agency.com is retained as BA's lead digital creative agency.
Recent BA advertising activity included a campaign, which broke last November through Bartle Bogle Hegarty and Agency.com, to encourage leisure travellers to use the airline. This was its first major campaign since the "Terminal 5 is working" activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Staffing Manager - Experiential division - Integrated London agency - £24k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £24k, West London
- Digital Project Director Creative Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Digital Creative Lead Creative Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- F/L M-W Digital Recruitment Consultant (Tech UX and PM) £20-30K Dynamic New Alliances £20000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + iphone, laptop, bonus, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity