ZenithOptimedia scoops BA's online media account from Agency.com
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 January 2009 12:00AM
British Airways has appointed ZenithOptimedia to handle its estimated £3 million online media planning and buying account.
The business was previously held by Agency.com. It repitched for the account against ZenithOptimedia, which handles BA's £18 million offline media planning and buying account, and OgilvyOne, another BA roster agency.
BA called the review in a bid to create cost savings in its media buying, believing it can achieve better rates by consolidating the business. Agency.com is retained as BA's lead digital creative agency.
Recent BA advertising activity included a campaign, which broke last November through Bartle Bogle Hegarty and Agency.com, to encourage leisure travellers to use the airline. This was its first major campaign since the "Terminal 5 is working" activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart