Schwartz appointed NI chief marketing officer as Agambar quits
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 January 2009 10:35AM
LONDON - News International has appointed Jeremy Schwartz to the newly created role of chief marketing officer.
Roland Agambar, the head of marketing for The Sun and News of the World,is leaving to take an as yet undisclosed role at Associated Newspapers. He will be replaced by Allan MacCaskill, the head of brand marketing at News Group Newspapers.
MacCaskill and Katie Vanneck, the head of sales and marketing for the The Times and Sunday Times, will now report to Schwartz.
Schwartz was previously the chief executive of Conival, Marco Pierre White’s food company, and before that he was the marketing director for Sainsbury’s.
He will report into James Murdoch, the chairman and chief executive of News Corporation Europe and Asia, will take up his new role next month.
Murdoch said: Our commitment to marketing is stronger than ever and a higher percentage of readers in the UK continue to turn to News International’s titles. Across our business there is huge opportunity to innovate and I am delighted that Jeremy will bring an exceptional record of success to News International.
Schwartz’s previous roles include director of marketing and innovation for Coca-Cola across Europe and marketing director for L’Oreal.
Vanneck also took on the role of interim managing director, digital and new business, across News International in November last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Planner Bray Leino Competitive, Bristol, City of Bristol
- Art Director createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- DM Account / Senior Manager Â– Not for profit / Charity sector ADLIB £Dependent on experience , South West England / Gloucestershire
- Project and Operations Manager BIS Recruit up to £50,000 plus BUPA Share Options free beer breakfasts and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account