Schwartz appointed NI chief marketing officer as Agambar quits
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 January 2009 10:35AM
LONDON - News International has appointed Jeremy Schwartz to the newly created role of chief marketing officer.
Roland Agambar, the head of marketing for The Sun and News of the World,is leaving to take an as yet undisclosed role at Associated Newspapers. He will be replaced by Allan MacCaskill, the head of brand marketing at News Group Newspapers.
MacCaskill and Katie Vanneck, the head of sales and marketing for the The Times and Sunday Times, will now report to Schwartz.
Schwartz was previously the chief executive of Conival, Marco Pierre White’s food company, and before that he was the marketing director for Sainsbury’s.
He will report into James Murdoch, the chairman and chief executive of News Corporation Europe and Asia, will take up his new role next month.
Murdoch said: Our commitment to marketing is stronger than ever and a higher percentage of readers in the UK continue to turn to News International’s titles. Across our business there is huge opportunity to innovate and I am delighted that Jeremy will bring an exceptional record of success to News International.
Schwartz’s previous roles include director of marketing and innovation for Coca-Cola across Europe and marketing director for L’Oreal.
Vanneck also took on the role of interim managing director, digital and new business, across News International in November last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Director of Marketing and Communications Habitat for Humanity GB Negotiable , Slough - SL1 2EA
- Brand Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- senior / group account director > FMCG collectivo £50k - £60k + benefits, London
- Account Manager - 12 month maternity cover contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Nottingham
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity