HMV names GT as UK digital agency
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 February 2009 12:00AM
The entertainment retailer HMV has appointed GT as its UK digital agency of record, following a four-way pitch.
GT will handle all of the digital communications needs of HMV, including its strategy, site design, e-commerce and digital marketing.
Justin Moodie, the head of online experience at HMV UK, has led the agency review since the pitch kicked off last November. It is understood that GT pitched against LBi, Splendid and AKQA.
There was no retained incumbent on the account. However, LBi has worked on a project basis for HMV since it was appointed in June 2007 to create a social networking site, Get Closer.
Code Computerlove, a digital marketing agency that is based in Manchester, has also worked with HMV for a number of years. It was responsible for relaunching HMV.com in 2007.
Earlier this month, HMV part-acquired 11 UK live music venues, including the Hammersmith Apollo (which was renamed HMV Apollo), in a joint venture partnership with the Mama Group.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Studio Manager Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Watford
- Communications Manager - Contract - Leeds Ninesharp £140 - £150 per day, Leeds
- Sales Development Manager Adam Recruitment £33000 per annum, Cheshire
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'