HMV names GT as UK digital agency
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 February 2009 12:00AM
The entertainment retailer HMV has appointed GT as its UK digital agency of record, following a four-way pitch.
GT will handle all of the digital communications needs of HMV, including its strategy, site design, e-commerce and digital marketing.
Justin Moodie, the head of online experience at HMV UK, has led the agency review since the pitch kicked off last November. It is understood that GT pitched against LBi, Splendid and AKQA.
There was no retained incumbent on the account. However, LBi has worked on a project basis for HMV since it was appointed in June 2007 to create a social networking site, Get Closer.
Code Computerlove, a digital marketing agency that is based in Manchester, has also worked with HMV for a number of years. It was responsible for relaunching HMV.com in 2007.
Earlier this month, HMV part-acquired 11 UK live music venues, including the Hammersmith Apollo (which was renamed HMV Apollo), in a joint venture partnership with the Mama Group.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region