The World: London - WPP acquires stakes in three comms companies
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 February 2009 12:00AM
WPP is expanding its global reach with the announcement of new investments in the US, South Africa and Vietnam.
With Sir Martin Sorrell, WPP's chief executive, insisting marcoms groups must branch out beyond their traditional expertise, the company has reached a collaboration agreement with the US web-analytics company Omniture, in which it has invested $25 million.
At the same time, it has acquired a 49 per cent stake in The Jupiter Drawing Room in Johannesburg, Africa's largest independent agency group. The third deal involves Smart Media, the Vietnamese marketing communications company, in which WPP is taking a 20 per cent share.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager / In-House Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k (DOE), Based in Southampton, Hampshire (SO14) - commutable from Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Salisbury
- DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER - MOBILE / APP DEVELOPMENT - £40K Salt £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £70,000 - £75,000, London
- Account Manager - Experiential Marketing - Based in client offices Stonor £25-30K, Nottingham
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare