The World: London - WPP acquires stakes in three comms companies
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 February 2009 12:00AM
WPP is expanding its global reach with the announcement of new investments in the US, South Africa and Vietnam.
With Sir Martin Sorrell, WPP's chief executive, insisting marcoms groups must branch out beyond their traditional expertise, the company has reached a collaboration agreement with the US web-analytics company Omniture, in which it has invested $25 million.
At the same time, it has acquired a 49 per cent stake in The Jupiter Drawing Room in Johannesburg, Africa's largest independent agency group. The third deal involves Smart Media, the Vietnamese marketing communications company, in which WPP is taking a 20 per cent share.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- ATL Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + beneifts , City of London
- Category Executive - Drinks Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Recruitment Genius £30000 - £40000 per annum, Croydon
- PPC Specialist - Italian & Spanish speaking Just Digital £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, Middlesex