The World: London - WPP acquires stakes in three comms companies
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 February 2009 12:00AM
WPP is expanding its global reach with the announcement of new investments in the US, South Africa and Vietnam.
With Sir Martin Sorrell, WPP's chief executive, insisting marcoms groups must branch out beyond their traditional expertise, the company has reached a collaboration agreement with the US web-analytics company Omniture, in which it has invested $25 million.
At the same time, it has acquired a 49 per cent stake in The Jupiter Drawing Room in Johannesburg, Africa's largest independent agency group. The third deal involves Smart Media, the Vietnamese marketing communications company, in which WPP is taking a 20 per cent share.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Web Designer become £38K, Hertfordshire
- Account Planners Stopgap £40000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner Bray Leino Competitive, Bristol, City of Bristol
- Art Director createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account