The World: Mumbai - Advertising spend predicted to plummet in 2009
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 February 2009 12:00AM
Indian adspend growth, which rose 17 per cent last year, is set to dive to just 2 per cent, according to the latest Pitch-Madison media advertising outlook.
The study warns media owners to prepare for a major slowdown in growth and projects in view of the global fall in spending.
India's FMCG sector is expected to cushion spend for TV, while the upcoming general elections will help spend in print, the survey suggests.
However, it warns that neither medium will see growth and that cinema and outdoor could suffer negative growth during the coming year.
Sam Balsara, the Madison chairman, said: "Optimism and confidence in the future are big drivers of advertising growth."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart