The World: Mumbai - Advertising spend predicted to plummet in 2009
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 February 2009 12:00AM
Indian adspend growth, which rose 17 per cent last year, is set to dive to just 2 per cent, according to the latest Pitch-Madison media advertising outlook.
The study warns media owners to prepare for a major slowdown in growth and projects in view of the global fall in spending.
India's FMCG sector is expected to cushion spend for TV, while the upcoming general elections will help spend in print, the survey suggests.
However, it warns that neither medium will see growth and that cinema and outdoor could suffer negative growth during the coming year.
Sam Balsara, the Madison chairman, said: "Optimism and confidence in the future are big drivers of advertising growth."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - 9 month Maternity contract Gabriele Skelton £50000 per annum, Tunbridge Wells
- Innovation Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + benefits, London
- Digital Marketing Officer AF Selection Up to £23,000, Coventry
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, South East