Website holds teddy bear hostage
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 February 2009 10:00AM
LONDON - Mysinglefriend.com, the online dating website, is holding a teddy bear hostage as part of an online campaign to give Valentine's Day back to single people.
With just 8 per cent of mysinglefriend.com's members looking forward to "V-Day" this weekend, the new website, thebeargetsit.com, aims to rally all of those single people who want to reclaim Valentines Day by asking them to sign a petition.
The fate of the bear, whose bound and gagged image forms the background of the site, rests on enough people signing the petition, and Valentines Day being returned to what mysinglefriend.com believes to be its rightful owners; single people.
The site also provides a forum to expose over-sentimental Valentine's paraphernalia, entitled the "cemetery of schmaltz", as well as a voting poll on "the most offensively schmaltzy film".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Packaging Designer - MW Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- SEO Manager - Award-winning Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Design & Development Director Nigel Wright Recruitment Competitive + Car + Bonus, United Kingdom
- Marketing Account Manager / Client Liaison Manager Guru Careers £28 - 38k, Based in Angel, London (WC1)
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity