Website holds teddy bear hostage
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 February 2009 10:00AM
LONDON - Mysinglefriend.com, the online dating website, is holding a teddy bear hostage as part of an online campaign to give Valentine's Day back to single people.
With just 8 per cent of mysinglefriend.com's members looking forward to "V-Day" this weekend, the new website, thebeargetsit.com, aims to rally all of those single people who want to reclaim Valentines Day by asking them to sign a petition.
The fate of the bear, whose bound and gagged image forms the background of the site, rests on enough people signing the petition, and Valentines Day being returned to what mysinglefriend.com believes to be its rightful owners; single people.
The site also provides a forum to expose over-sentimental Valentine's paraphernalia, entitled the "cemetery of schmaltz", as well as a voting poll on "the most offensively schmaltzy film".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account