Website holds teddy bear hostage
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 February 2009 10:00AM
LONDON - Mysinglefriend.com, the online dating website, is holding a teddy bear hostage as part of an online campaign to give Valentine's Day back to single people.
With just 8 per cent of mysinglefriend.com's members looking forward to "V-Day" this weekend, the new website, thebeargetsit.com, aims to rally all of those single people who want to reclaim Valentines Day by asking them to sign a petition.
The fate of the bear, whose bound and gagged image forms the background of the site, rests on enough people signing the petition, and Valentines Day being returned to what mysinglefriend.com believes to be its rightful owners; single people.
The site also provides a forum to expose over-sentimental Valentine's paraphernalia, entitled the "cemetery of schmaltz", as well as a voting poll on "the most offensively schmaltzy film".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Account Director - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £60k, Leeds
- Assistant Brand Manager AF Selection £mid 20's, West Midlands
- Digital Senior Account Manager - top agency nr Chester Perfect Marketing People To £35k, Chester
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England