IT firm Citrix kicks-off media agency hunt
campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 11 February 2009 02:20PM
LONDON - Citrix Systems, the IT software company, is reviewing its international media planning and buying business.
The IT company, which produces a range of conferencing and systems support products, has approach media networks about pitching for the account.
It is thought that the company has not retained an international media network in the past.
Agencies are understood to have responded to an initial brief and Citrix is thought to be in the process of drawing up a shortlist for a pitch.
US-based Citrix has run global activity, created by JWT Technology, designed to build its reputation as a software provider. UK specific advertising activity has included a live ad campaign on the London radio station LBC to promote Citrix's Go To My PC software package. This involved live presenter-read ads supported by a traditional ad campaign.
Last month Citrix announced that it is planning to cut around 10 per cent of its staff in response to falling profits.
Citrix saw fourth-quarter profits fall to $60 million from $63 million during the same period in 2007.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Event Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + pro rata, London
- Head of Marketing Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £43000 - £48000 Per Annum Gernerous Benefits, South Bucks
- Senior Branding Designers/CD become $100-180K AUD, Sydney
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- Starcom MediaVest wins spice brand's multi-million euro account
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio