"Pornographic" Baileys ad dodges ban
By Hadassah Nymark, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 February 2009 08:00AM
LONDON - JWT's recent TV ad for Baileys, featuring liquid being splashed on a woman's lips, has escaped a ban from the ASA.
Two viewers complained that the ad’s content was offensive as it was close to imagery shown in some pornographic films.
The complainants also found the sexually alluring imagery and voiceover distasteful as it linked alcohol to sex.
Baileys owner, Diageo, said the ad intended to highlight the sensory qualities of Baileys – its distinctive taste and texture.
The ASA noted that although the ad could appear to be sexual to some viewers, it was unlikely to cause serious or widespread offence.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity