"Pornographic" Baileys ad dodges ban
By Hadassah Nymark, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 February 2009 08:00AM
LONDON - JWT's recent TV ad for Baileys, featuring liquid being splashed on a woman's lips, has escaped a ban from the ASA.
Two viewers complained that the ad’s content was offensive as it was close to imagery shown in some pornographic films.
The complainants also found the sexually alluring imagery and voiceover distasteful as it linked alcohol to sex.
Baileys owner, Diageo, said the ad intended to highlight the sensory qualities of Baileys – its distinctive taste and texture.
The ASA noted that although the ad could appear to be sexual to some viewers, it was unlikely to cause serious or widespread offence.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- CLIENT MANAGER - BRIGHTON - £30K - £35K Adam Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)