"Pornographic" Baileys ad dodges ban
By Hadassah Nymark, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 February 2009 08:00AM
LONDON - JWT's recent TV ad for Baileys, featuring liquid being splashed on a woman's lips, has escaped a ban from the ASA.
Two viewers complained that the ad’s content was offensive as it was close to imagery shown in some pornographic films.
The complainants also found the sexually alluring imagery and voiceover distasteful as it linked alcohol to sex.
Baileys owner, Diageo, said the ad intended to highlight the sensory qualities of Baileys – its distinctive taste and texture.
The ASA noted that although the ad could appear to be sexual to some viewers, it was unlikely to cause serious or widespread offence.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- AM and SAM - experiential - Up to £38k Stopgap £30000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - integrated agency - Central London WE ARE THOMAS £30-36k plus benefits, Central London
- Digital Designer - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Somerset
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington