The Week: City News - Royal Mail plans hit snag
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 20 February 2009 12:00AM
The Government's plan to part-privatise Royal Mail is on the verge of collapse after being met with strong opposition from backbench Labour MPs.
A report in The Sunday Telegraph said that the prime minister has been told that the resistance to the scheme means that he does not have the numbers to get the plans past Parliament. The deal could still go through with the support of the Conservatives, but it is thought Gordon Brown would not favour that route.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire