The Week: Media news - MPs come under digital fire
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 February 2009 12:00AM
The Government has come under fire for wasting public money by recruiting a digital marketing specialist to help MPs connect to voters through social networking sites.
The director of digital engagement, who will have a salary of between £81,600 and £160,000, will encourage government departments to converse and collaborate with people through digital technology. The post has been deemed "a grotesque amount of public money to waste on a pointless job" by Conservative ministers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films