The Week: Kaka stars in Fallon's latest TV spot for Sony Bravia
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 February 2009 12:00AM
Fallon has unveiled its latest Sony Bravia ad, featuring a ten-tonne zoetrope and the AC Milan footballer Kaka.
The zoetrope, which contains a number of static images of Kaka performing a football trick, was constructed and filmed in a piazza in Venaria near Turin, in front of a crowd of locals.
The ad, which launched on Sunday night in Australia, sees the illuminated zoetrope spin, eventually gathering enough pace so that the multiple images of Kaka form one single animated movement, to the amazement of the onlookers, which include Kaka himself.
In a departure from its "colour like no other" strategy, the ad ends with the line "the smoothest picture ever", in a bid to promote Sony Bravia's new Motionflow technology.
The ad will be rolled out in Asia over the next month, and is due to break in the UK in early April.
Print and outdoor executions support the ad, alongside a digital campaign by Dare. To view the ad, visit brandrepublic.com/campaign/zoetrope.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall
- Your next role selling to media agencies! Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM Planner The Great & The Good Up to £100k , West End
- International Marketing & Sales Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)