The Week: Omnicom forms unit to handle $1bn global HP business
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 February 2009 12:00AM
Omnicom Media Group is working on the creation of a specialist unit, dubbed HP @ OMG, to house the newly won Hewlett-Packard global business.
The media group landed the HP business, which has an estimated $1 billion in billings, after a final pitch against Mediaedge:cia.
Carat, Universal McCann and the incumbent, ZenithOptimedia, also pitched for the account, which had £3 million in UK billings during 2008 according to Nielsen.
OMG's networks OMD and PHD collaborated on the pitch and are working on possible ways of servicing the business.
In Europe, this could mean the creation of a standalone team to handle the account owing to conflict with PHD's Canon business and OMD accounts including Sony and Vodafone.
HP also appointed Omnicom agencies to handle the integrated account for its technology group. Rapp is likely to lead this activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- PR Account Executive, B2B Tech, London, £22k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 per annum, London
- Director Educational Enterprise Harvey Nash Competitive + attractive benefits, Birmingham
- Brand Manager - Country - Online Gaming Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South West London
- Creative Artworker Night Shift Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + pro rata, Uxbridge