In association with
Diageo 'mirror' by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
Campaign Work, Thursday, 26 February 2009 01:54PM
The drinks giant Diageo is spending £2m on a marketing push to flag up its commitment to responsible drinking. Two TV spots, called "many me" and "mirror", illustrate how excessive drinking by both men and women can ruin a good evening.
"Many me" opens in a bar. With a nod to 'Being John Malkovich', a young drinker sees a series of versions of himself in a bar. Some are enjoying the company of friends, but others have had too much to drink and are being unruly. "Mirror" follows the theme, with a woman at a house party who, when she catches her reflection, sees a woman out of control and no longer enjoying her evening. Both ads end with the line "don't see a great night wasted".
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Creative Operations Manager Guru Careers £27 - 32k, Based West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)
- Loyalty Rewards Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + benefits, International/Europe
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe
- Project Manager - CRM Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + benefits, International/Europe
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni