In association with
Argos 'marathon' by CHI & Partners
Campaign Work, Thursday, 26 February 2009 01:54PM
Argos promotes its delivery service for Christmas in this ad by CHI & Partners.
The spot, called "marathon", begins with an Argos lorry driving though the busy streets of Newcastle and Haringey, which are full of Christmas shoppers.
People are rushing everywhere and it increasingly appears to be more of a marathon than an enjoyable shopping experience. One woman is pouring water over her head, people are hurdling over others and someone has collapsed on the ground.
The ad ends with the Argos lorry delivering presents to the door of one family with the strapline "For a more Christmassy Christmas, don't shop for it, Argos it."
The 40-second ad is voiced by Stephen Fry.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London