In association with
Argos 'marathon' by CHI & Partners
Campaign Work, Thursday, 26 February 2009 01:54PM
Argos promotes its delivery service for Christmas in this ad by CHI & Partners.
The spot, called "marathon", begins with an Argos lorry driving though the busy streets of Newcastle and Haringey, which are full of Christmas shoppers.
People are rushing everywhere and it increasingly appears to be more of a marathon than an enjoyable shopping experience. One woman is pouring water over her head, people are hurdling over others and someone has collapsed on the ground.
The ad ends with the Argos lorry delivering presents to the door of one family with the strapline "For a more Christmassy Christmas, don't shop for it, Argos it."
The 40-second ad is voiced by Stephen Fry.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London