In association with
Argos 'marathon' by CHI & Partners
Campaign Work, Thursday, 26 February 2009 01:54PM
Argos promotes its delivery service for Christmas in this ad by CHI & Partners.
The spot, called "marathon", begins with an Argos lorry driving though the busy streets of Newcastle and Haringey, which are full of Christmas shoppers.
People are rushing everywhere and it increasingly appears to be more of a marathon than an enjoyable shopping experience. One woman is pouring water over her head, people are hurdling over others and someone has collapsed on the ground.
The ad ends with the Argos lorry delivering presents to the door of one family with the strapline "For a more Christmassy Christmas, don't shop for it, Argos it."
The 40-second ad is voiced by Stephen Fry.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'