In association with
Sky Movies 'billboards' by WCRS
Campaign Work, Thursday, 26 February 2009 01:54PM
Commissioned to communicate one of Sky Movies' key propositions -- films without ads -- "billboards" was shown for the first time last week at the UK premiere of 'The Simpsons Movie', which was sponsored by Sky Movies.
Sky took advantage of a unique opportunity at the beginning of 2007, when Sao Paolo's mayor introduced a Clean City law banning more than 8000 ads on billboards, to rid the city of "visual clutter".
Sky took advantage of the window between the ads being banned and the structures themselves being dismantled, to shoot the 60-second ad.
The creative focuses on the stark, strangely beautiful structures left when the ads were removed, accompanied by Gene Wilder's 'Pure Imagination' from 'Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory'.
It ends with the line: "Because you like movies with no interruptions, we took away the ads."
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London