Standard Life seeks direct agencies
By Kunal Dutta, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 March 2009 06:55AM
LONDON - Standard Life has called a pitch to find a roster of agencies to handle its below-the-line advertising account.
The insurer has approached at least three agencies, both independent and network, with a view to setting up a roster to manage its portfolio of financial and life insurance products.
Talks are understood to be at an early stage and no formal pitch arrangements have yet been made.
The appointed agencies would be drawn upon to promote a range of Standard Life's products including ISAs, pensions, life assurance and mortgages.
Earlier this year, Standard Life appointed Meteorite to promote its SIPP pension product through a combination of media including microsites, advisor resources, direct marketing and roadshows.
The pitch does not affect VCCP, which was appointed to Standard Life's £7 million advertising account after a pitch against undisclosed agencies last October.
VCCP won the account after Standard Life ended its 18-month relationship with Saatchi & Saatchi soon after Saatchis won the £15 million Axa business
The insurer is currently restructuring its marketing team, which is overseen by its chief marketing officer, Simon Gulliford.
It recently hired Simon Esberger, a former marketing director at Häagen-Dazs, as marketing operations director and is set to appoint a UK marketing division head to report to its director of marketing, Andrew Gillespie.
The company also announced last month that it is to axe nearly 200 jobs from across the business.
Standard Life declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni