The World: Shanghai - Coca-Cola pledges extra $2bn to China operation
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 March 2009 12:00AM
Coca-Cola has pledged to inject an extra $2 billion to improve the production, sales and marketing of its brand in China over the next three years.
The new investment will look to help further the growth of the company and capitalise on opportunities with greater speed, according to a statement.
The pledge will supplement the $2.4 billion that the company has set aside to buy the Chinese juice-maker Huiyuan.
China is now the third-largest market in the world for Coca-Cola. Last year, it opened a $90 million manufacturing plant in Shanghai to assist new product development to suit local tastes.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account