BMB prepares to launch PR division
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 March 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Beattie McGuinness Bungay is plotting the launch of an in-house PR company in a bid to provide clients with a broader offering across non-paid-for communications channels.
The unit, which will be call-ed BMBpr, will be housed in the agency's Covent Garden offices.
BMB has yet to officially appoint a PR executive to front the company, but the agency is in advanced talks with a number of candidates and is close to making some appointments.
Initially, BMB planned to make an acquisition in the PR sector in order to bolster its offering but has since decided to grow the business organically, in a bid to retain more control over the unit.
Andrew McGuinness, a founding partner at BMB, said: "At heart, we've always been a publicity company.
There's a real shakedown taking place right now and we're focused on developing our offering to capitalise on it. PR's a natural next step for BMB."
The decision to launch a PR company comes shortly after the marketing services group Cheil Worldwide bought a 49 per cent stake in the agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity