The Week: Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO wins Cancer Research pitch
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 March 2009 12:00AM
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has won the advertising account for Cancer Research UK.
The agency won the business after a pitch against Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy and DDB.
The agency will be briefed to create a high-impact campaign designed to build engagement with the brand and deepen public understanding of the disease while boosting income generation.
The charity is already working with a roster of agencies, including Rapp, Ogilvy UK Group and MediaCom, which handles its media planning and buying account.
Earlier in the year, Cancer Research UK joined forces with the British Heart Foundation and Diabetes UK to put out a joint campaign in support of the Department of Health's Change4Life anti-obesity campaign. Last month, it hired The Gate to handle advertising for the launch.
Cancer Research UK is the world's leading independent charity dedicated to cancer research.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Internal Communications Senior Specialist Aquent £40K pa plus, London Central
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Insight Analyst - FMCG Company NG Digital Marketing up to £30k + bens, Greater London
- Marketing Manager, B2B, London, £40k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push