The World: Sydney - Y&R 'secret payments' case to commence next year
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 March 2009 12:00AM
A court case between WPP and two of its former senior executives regarding "secret payments" made to the pair is set to start in March next year.
The case involves claims the private equity company Pacific Equity Partners made $1.5 million in "secret payments" to the former George Patterson Y&R senior executives Anthony Heraghty and James McGrath to entice them to stay at the agency to help command an inflated price for its stake in The Communications Group, which WPP was buying in 2005.
The pair have admitted they were each paid $750,000 to stay at the agency, but insist they told the Y&R global chief executive, Hamish McLennan, about the payments.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Global Digital Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager fishtank £25000 - £28000 per annum, Windsor
- Marketing Executive/Senior Executive - Investment Management EMR £200 - £300 per day, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement