The World: Sydney - Y&R 'secret payments' case to commence next year
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 March 2009 12:00AM
A court case between WPP and two of its former senior executives regarding "secret payments" made to the pair is set to start in March next year.
The case involves claims the private equity company Pacific Equity Partners made $1.5 million in "secret payments" to the former George Patterson Y&R senior executives Anthony Heraghty and James McGrath to entice them to stay at the agency to help command an inflated price for its stake in The Communications Group, which WPP was buying in 2005.
The pair have admitted they were each paid $750,000 to stay at the agency, but insist they told the Y&R global chief executive, Hamish McLennan, about the payments.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%