BBH considers 3.5 per cent pay cut
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 March 2009 12:35PM
LONDON - Bartle Bogle Hegarty is asking its staff to take nine days unpaid leave a year, equivalent to a 3.5 per cent pay cut, to stave off the need for redundancies.
In an all-staff meeting last night, the agency senior management team made the offer to employees, who are currently deliberating whether or not to accept it.
Over the past week, the agency has also been offering staff voluntary sabbaticals of up to six weeks in length to take any time this year.
In the US, thousands of people have already been made redundant from agencies because of the recession. In the UK so far, however, redundancies have been fewer, although agencies including DDB, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and the Ogilvy Group have been forced to shed staff.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire