Mediaedge:cia gets Manjiri Kamat as GM
By Gunjan Prasad, Campaign India, Friday, 17 April 2009 11:15AM
NEW DELHI - Mediaedge:cia (MEC) has announced the appointment of Manjiri Kamat as the general manager for Mumbai and Bangalore.
Kamat (pictured) returns home to India after three years leading the MEC operations in Malaysia. During the 17-years spent with various WPP agencies in India and MEC in Malaysia, Kamat has worked with a range of clients including: DeBeers, Kodak, Hutch, Tata Sky, Colgate, Citi, Mercedes-Benz, Sony Ericsson, Tesco, DHL and Singapore Airlines.
Kamat will be responsible for business operations and growth for both the offices where clients include Nivea, HDFC, Standard Life Insurance, Citi, Pidilite, TATA AIG General Insurance, DHL, Singapore Airlines, Chanel, Novartis and Accenture. She will also handle quality control; client relationships; spearhead new business development and ensure delivery of the integrated MEC communications planning product.
Kamat will report to T Gangadhar, MD, MEC India, who commented, "Manjiri has had a successful stint in Malaysia and we are very pleased to have on board someone of her calibre. That Manjiri already fully understands MEC and GroupM processes will be a huge advantage. We welcome her back home."
This article was first published on Campaign India
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire