Young's set for £2.5 million UK ad account review
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 April 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Young's is understood to be gearing up for a review of its £2.5 million UK advertising account.
The fish brand has not yet begun approaching agencies, but is thought to be close to issuing a formal RFI.
It is not yet known whether the incumbent, Doner Cardwell Hawkins, will repitch.
It is understood that the successful agency will be briefed to produce both above-the-line advertising and digital campaigns for the fish brand.
DCH has handled the Young's advertising account since June 2000, when it was appointed to handle the brand's £5.5million relaunch.
The launch spots all featured the folk song Dance Ti' Thy Daddy – a sea shanty about fishing. They showed the Young's chefs working in a development kitchen and carried the strapline: "Make fish the dish of the day."
Young's most recent advertising push came in February, when the Grimsby-based company launched a campaign featuring the Rugby World Cup player, and Celebrity Masterchef winner, Matt Dawson. Promoting its range of "cook from frozen" natural salmon fillets, the ads saw Dawson preparing a salmon meal to introduce Young's new brand positioning "Young's - love fish".
Young's has an annual turnover of £300 million and employs around 2,000 staff.
Its products include family meals such potato-topped pies, scampi and the Chip Shop range of battered fish.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014