BBC to offer resources to local media
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 27 April 2009 10:20AM
LONDON - The BBC is planning to unveil proposals to share its resources with local newspapers, TV and radio stations.
For the first time, regional news providers will be given free access to the BBC's video content and journalism resources in a bid to assist ailing local media in the wake of a dramatic decline in advertising revenues.
The proposals, which are similar to a deal already struck with ITV, will be made tomorrow at an industry summit hosted by the Culture Secretary, Andy Burnham.
The BBC and ITV have an existing agreement whereby ITV, which is scaling back its regional news operations, shares the BBC's studio space and production facilities.
The BBC's proposals are expected to include an offer to share its journalism training facilities, its online resources and some of its audio content.
The plans will also see the BBC share its iPlayer technology with local media companies to allow them to incorporate video content into their own websites.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films