Barclays in pitch for new ad project
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 May 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Barclays is pitting Bartle Bogle Hegarty and Mather Communications, the Ogilvy Advertising conflict shop, against each other on a top-secret brief.
It is thought that the agencies are battling it out to handle advertising duties for a confidential product that is linked to the main Barclays brand but will be a group-wide initiative.
Neither agency’s existing advertising duties are thought to be affected.
Both agencies are currently on the Barclays roster. BBH handles the £25 million Barclays business and the £12 million Barclaycard account and produces the majority of the company’s consumer-focused ad campaigns.
The Ogilvy Group UK works on the company’s Barclays Wealth division and Barclays Capital accounts.
It picked up the former in 2006 and the latter in July 2008 after a pitch against undisclosed agencies. Before that, the account was at Saatchi & Saatchi.
A Barclays spokeswoman said: Both BBH and Ogilvy are on the Barclays roster to develop our brand, and we will continue to work with both agencies in the future. It’s business as usual.
BBH’s latest campaign for Barclays uses a voiceover from Stephen Merchant and sees a woman chasing porcelain piggy banks around her garden.
The ad promotes the company’s offset mortgage and is part of the bank’s one small step campaign, which saw the brand return to TV after an 18-month absence.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Manager x 2 Stopgap £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Digital Projects Director Source £60000 - £65000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Resource Manager Source £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London