Karmarama lands Staples television and idents brief
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 May 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Karmarama has scooped an advertising brief for Staples after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
The agency will now create a TV campaign promoting the stationer's sponsorship of Channel 4's business reality programming, which includes Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and Undercover Boss. The campaign will also include a series of idents.
The activity marks the first major advertising push for the stationery brand since its Christmas ad campaign, produced by McCann Erickson – Staples' agency of record.
The spot, which launched in November last year, featured a disgruntled Santa moaning about Staples' claim that Christmas can be made easy.
McCann Erickson was appointed to handle the £3 million UK creative account in February 2008. The agency, which already handled the US ad business, secured the account without a pitch from the incumbent Euro RSCG.
McCann Erickson was not involved in the pitch for the sponsorship account, and has yet to be briefed on any UK advertising activity this year.
As well as its Christmas activity, McCann Erickson has also produced TV campaigns for the stationer including a back-to-school campaign where a schoolgirl lists the contents of her pencil case.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Junior Webmaster/ Digital Project Co-ordinator/ Digital Product Purple Consultancy £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Advertising Northumbria University SL: £37,756 - £46,400; L: £32,590 - £36,661, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Red Sofa London £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Producer/ Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)