The Week: Media News - McCall hints at online fees
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 May 2009 12:00AM
Carolyn McCall, the chief executive of Guardian Media Group, has said that the newspaper publisher may start charging for content in some specialist areas of its website.
Speaking at the Fipp World Magazine Congress in London, McCall said: "More people are looking at how they can make money charging for content that costs a lot of money to make. I don't think we will be doing much content online in business to business unless we get money for it." She added that the traffic Google drives to news websites is "no longer a fair swap because we can't really monetise traffic in the way we were".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Director Educational Enterprise Harvey Nash Competitive + attractive benefits, Birmingham
- Brand Manager - Country - Online Gaming Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South West London
- Creative Artworker Night Shift Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + pro rata, Uxbridge
- Account Manager - ATL Production - Central London - £30k Source £27000 - £30000 per annum + great prospects, London