Agencies line up for £20m Merlin media
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 May 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Merlin Entertainment, the attractions and resort business that owns the London Eye, Alton Towers and Sea Life, is reviewing its £20 million pan-European media account.
The company is looking for a network to handle its media in the UK, Italy, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands.
Billetts is co-ordinating the process and agencies have been contacted with requests for information.
In the UK, Manning Gottlieb OMD handles the account, which covers attractions including Madame Tussauds and the theme parks Chessington World of Adventures, Alton Towers, Legoland and Thorpe Park.
Last year, Merlin Entertainment spent £4 million in the UK on media but agency sources suggest its budget is likely to increase to more than £7 million as the company acquires new attractions.
Merlin recently bought the London Aquarium and owns Heide Park, a theme park in Germany, and Gardaland, the leading theme park in Italy.
Last year, Merlin Entertainment, which is owned by the private equity group Blackstone, relaunched Alton Towers with an ad campaign by Delaney Lund Knox Warren.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Brand Consultant - Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £85k-£100k+neg, London
- PROCUCTION MANAGER / DIRECTOR - BRANDING DESIGN & STRATEGY Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business