Agencies line up for £20m Merlin media
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 May 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Merlin Entertainment, the attractions and resort business that owns the London Eye, Alton Towers and Sea Life, is reviewing its £20 million pan-European media account.
The company is looking for a network to handle its media in the UK, Italy, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands.
Billetts is co-ordinating the process and agencies have been contacted with requests for information.
In the UK, Manning Gottlieb OMD handles the account, which covers attractions including Madame Tussauds and the theme parks Chessington World of Adventures, Alton Towers, Legoland and Thorpe Park.
Last year, Merlin Entertainment spent £4 million in the UK on media but agency sources suggest its budget is likely to increase to more than £7 million as the company acquires new attractions.
Merlin recently bought the London Aquarium and owns Heide Park, a theme park in Germany, and Gardaland, the leading theme park in Italy.
Last year, Merlin Entertainment, which is owned by the private equity group Blackstone, relaunched Alton Towers with an ad campaign by Delaney Lund Knox Warren.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , City of London
- Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Digital Designer 4 Innovative Charity Zebra People £22000 - £28000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, South East
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency