Npower kicks off consolidation pitch
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 May 2009 06:00AM
Npower is planning to hold a pitch to consolidate its marketing communications into one agency.
The energy supplier's decision to consolidate is thought to be driven by a bid to drive down agency costs.
The incumbent on the £10 million above-the-line account, Beattie McGuinness Bungay, is not expected to pitch for the consolidated business. EHS Brann, its direct agency, and Grand Union, its digital agency, are also unlikely to feature.
BMB initially won the ad account from Isobel in August 2006 on a project basis.
The Aardman Animations characters Wallace and Gromit starred in BMB's latest ads for npower, where Wallace showered while Gromit dealt with a decrepit boiler.
Npower was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account