Npower kicks off consolidation pitch
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 May 2009 06:00AM
Npower is planning to hold a pitch to consolidate its marketing communications into one agency.
The energy supplier's decision to consolidate is thought to be driven by a bid to drive down agency costs.
The incumbent on the £10 million above-the-line account, Beattie McGuinness Bungay, is not expected to pitch for the consolidated business. EHS Brann, its direct agency, and Grand Union, its digital agency, are also unlikely to feature.
BMB initially won the ad account from Isobel in August 2006 on a project basis.
The Aardman Animations characters Wallace and Gromit starred in BMB's latest ads for npower, where Wallace showered while Gromit dealt with a decrepit boiler.
Npower was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Content Specialist Harvey Nash £30000 - £35000 per annum + Package, Lichfield
- Brand Guardian/Artwork Manager Network Career Consultants £26000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive - 6 month contract Brand Recruitment £25000 per annum + plus benefits , Colchester
- Digital Project Manager PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency