Nikon calls £50m advertising pitch
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 May 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Winning agency will create European advertising strategy for imaging company.
Nikon Europe, the camera and imaging company, is reviewing its £50 million pan-European ad account.
Agency Insight is running the pitch and will be contacting agencies over the next few weeks. The review should be completed by 1 September.
The winning agency will become the lead creative agency on the account and will be briefed with creating an overarching strategy for Nikon's European imaging business.
Doner Cardwell Hawkins handles the account in the UK and the agency will continue to work on UK-specific briefs.
McCann Erickson had previously worked on the business on a project-by-project basis. It was appointed in 2003 following a final pitch against the Japanese agency ADK, Red Cell in Germany and the UK incumbent (BMP) DDB.
MediaCom, the company's media agency, will not be affected by the review. It picked up the account in November 2005 following Nikon's decision to consolidate its media planning and buying into one agency across a number of European markets, including the UK, France, Germany, the Nordic region, Switzerland and Austria.
Last month, Nikon appointed DCH to handle its digital customer relationship marketing strategy following a pitch against SMP, the incumbent on the account. The agency was briefed with providing strategic eCRM support and planning, including creative elements for more than 80 million e-mails throughout the year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Consumer Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Partnerships Manager Sport England £37,336, Bloomsbury, London
- Interaction Designer Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency