Nikon calls £50m advertising pitch
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 May 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Winning agency will create European advertising strategy for imaging company.
Nikon Europe, the camera and imaging company, is reviewing its £50 million pan-European ad account.
Agency Insight is running the pitch and will be contacting agencies over the next few weeks. The review should be completed by 1 September.
The winning agency will become the lead creative agency on the account and will be briefed with creating an overarching strategy for Nikon's European imaging business.
Doner Cardwell Hawkins handles the account in the UK and the agency will continue to work on UK-specific briefs.
McCann Erickson had previously worked on the business on a project-by-project basis. It was appointed in 2003 following a final pitch against the Japanese agency ADK, Red Cell in Germany and the UK incumbent (BMP) DDB.
MediaCom, the company's media agency, will not be affected by the review. It picked up the account in November 2005 following Nikon's decision to consolidate its media planning and buying into one agency across a number of European markets, including the UK, France, Germany, the Nordic region, Switzerland and Austria.
Last month, Nikon appointed DCH to handle its digital customer relationship marketing strategy following a pitch against SMP, the incumbent on the account. The agency was briefed with providing strategic eCRM support and planning, including creative elements for more than 80 million e-mails throughout the year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign