Nikon calls £50m advertising pitch
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 May 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Winning agency will create European advertising strategy for imaging company.
Nikon Europe, the camera and imaging company, is reviewing its £50 million pan-European ad account.
Agency Insight is running the pitch and will be contacting agencies over the next few weeks. The review should be completed by 1 September.
The winning agency will become the lead creative agency on the account and will be briefed with creating an overarching strategy for Nikon's European imaging business.
Doner Cardwell Hawkins handles the account in the UK and the agency will continue to work on UK-specific briefs.
McCann Erickson had previously worked on the business on a project-by-project basis. It was appointed in 2003 following a final pitch against the Japanese agency ADK, Red Cell in Germany and the UK incumbent (BMP) DDB.
MediaCom, the company's media agency, will not be affected by the review. It picked up the account in November 2005 following Nikon's decision to consolidate its media planning and buying into one agency across a number of European markets, including the UK, France, Germany, the Nordic region, Switzerland and Austria.
Last month, Nikon appointed DCH to handle its digital customer relationship marketing strategy following a pitch against SMP, the incumbent on the account. The agency was briefed with providing strategic eCRM support and planning, including creative elements for more than 80 million e-mails throughout the year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire