AMV and MG OMD scoop NHS Blood and Transplant account
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 03 June 2009 09:15AM
LONDON - COI has appointed Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Manning Gottlieb OMD to handle advertising and media planning for the NHS Blood and Transplant account.
The PR agency Munroe and Forster will join the agencies in creating the first-ever campaign to build support for organ donation in the UK.
The campaign, which is expected to launch towards the end of 2009, is designed to deliver a significant increase in the number of people registering on the NHS Organ Donor Register.
AMV beat Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to the creative account, while MG OMD beat PHD and Carat to the communications planning business.
Henrietta Joy, the director of communications and public affairs at NHS Blood and Transplant, said: "There are more than 10,000 people in the UK who need a transplant, with 1,000 (three a day) dying every year on the waiting list.
"This campaign aims to convert people's good intentions about organ donation into active support. By joining the NHS Organ Donor Register people can make their wishes about organ donation clear. By discussing these wishes with their family and friends, they can ensure that they are respected."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland