Emirates in £160m ad pitch
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 June 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Emirates, the Dubai-based airline, is planning a review of its £160 million global advertising business.
Although the pitch is not scheduled to kick off until July, the company has contacted a number of networks offering the chance to take part.
The airline currently uses a number of agencies around the world on a regional market-by-market basis.
It is thought that it is now looking to consolidate its advertising into one network. The winning agency will take responsibility for advertising across more than 80 global markets.
Leagas Delaney handles the £8 million UK ad business. It won the account in 2004 after a pitch against TBWA\London and Wieden & Kennedy.
However, Emirates has also used other UK agencies including VCCP and Grey on projects in the past few years.
Last year, Emirates consolidated its global media business into Publicis Groupe Media.
The network, led by Starcom MediaVest, beat OMD in a final shoot-out.
The company formerly worked with more than 20 media agencies around the globe.
Separately, Emirates began a global pitch in December last year to find an agency to handle advertising for its sponsorship of the 2010 Fifa World Cup in South Africa.
The airline invited BBDO, which handles its advertising in Dubai, Fallon and Saatchi & Saatchi to pitch for the business. Fallon and Saatchis later pulled out before the pitch was called off earlier this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London