The Week: Advertising news - Israeli Govt pulls poster ads
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 May 2009 12:00AM
The Israel Government Tourist Office will remove a series of posters at London Underground stations after the Advertising Standards Authority received 336 complaints.
The posters, which are part of the IGTO's ThinkIsrael campaign, appear to show the occupied territories of Gaza and the West Bank within Israel's borders. The IGTO made the decision to pull the posters from the sites after the Palestine Solidarity Campaign and Dan Judelson of Jews for Justice for Palestinians complained that the map was misleading and unnecessarily political. The IGTO is considering producing a new poster without the map.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Campaign Programmer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Guildford
- Senior Marketing Manager Trace £35000 - £55000 Per Annum + benefits, South West London
- Marketing Manager x 2 Stopgap £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London